Saturday, December 2, 2017

Joy Nativity in a Z Fold Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
It's going to be a busy Saturday here at my house. I was recruited to help decorate our church this morning. Then the afternoon and evening I have plans to finish up my Christmas cards.
My hubby will be at work until 11:00 pm so I should be able to work without interruptions. 
 
For today's card, I am showing the sample I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. For this post, I decided to make a Z-Fold card and feature the Joy Nativity and Angel Trio dies. So lets get started with some details on this card.

Step 1: This week I started my card with the fancy fold I wanted to use. I like the Z-Fold and thought it would work well with the dies I wanted to showcase. This fold makes a very nice card presentation and is not difficult at all to make.

Dark Brown Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Step 2: Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper- one is 3" x 5 1/2" and the other is 1 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Attach the 3" piece to the cardstock between the scored lines.
Turn the card over and line-up the 1 1/4" patterned paper to the corner of the card.
Used my bone folder and reinforced the scores that I made on the cardstock. I folded back the score line on the 1 1 /4" panel and now I have my Z-Fold card.

Step 3: I created the front panel for my card. I used one of the angels from the Angel Trio die and on the square panels I used the Stitched Square (4th largest) and the Square Set (3rd largest) dies.
Assembled the square panels and attached the angel with dimensional adhesive.
I used doubled sided tape and attached the panel to the 1 1/4" panel.

Step 4: Now onto the inside of the card. I used the Joy Nativity die for the inside panel. I also used another of the angels from the Angel Trio die.
Attached the pieces to the card inside with glue dots and Ranger Multi medium matte adhesive. After I attached the kneeling angel I decide to add a few pine sprays to ground the image. I also added some stars to this panel. I used the stars from the Snowglobe Friends die.
I also added stars to the front image panel to complete my card. And, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an additional idea for a Christmas card. So until next time.......God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=angel+trio

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzjoynativityelites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx

 
 I am also entering:
1.  Crafting with Dragonflies has a Christmas card glammed up challenge.
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge has a "it's Christmas" challenge.
3.  Scrap & Craft Inspiration has a anything Christmas challenge.
4.  HIMCR #329 has a Christmas Colors challenge.
5.  Jingle Belles has a Gold, Silver, or Copper Christmas challenge.

4 comments:

  1. What a spectacular card!!! Whoever receives this will definitely be blessed with an artistic keepsake! Thanks for entering the HIMCR 329 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all of that lovely golden glitz ... so very glad you added your magnificent metal creation to our Jingle Belles gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card...clever fold, your black and gold design is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such totally fun, festive and fabulous card, and that Z fold is completely clever! so pleased you could join our "heavy metal" holiday fun at JINGLE BELLES ♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails