Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thanksgiving Blessings

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Welcome to November! I can't believe that I am even saying that. Where did this year go to so quickly? It's time for me to start thinking about my Thanksgiving menu.
 
Hope you survived the trick or treater's last night. I was surprised at how many parents had babies in strollers out for candy. Were they looking to give the babies a sugar high or just collecting treat for themselves (lol)? I think the latter and some were bold enough to say that's what they were doing. Oh well, to each his own.
 
We were with our next door neighbors and had the fire pit going and made s'mores. It was nice being with them and having lots of  interesting conversations.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #655. I was the hostess and I chose peek-a-boo peach, early espresso and lemon lime twist as my color trio. Optional was to make a fall themed project.
peek-a-boo peach, early espresso, lemon lime twist
For my card,  I used the Painted Autumn designer paper from Stampin'-Up.  I cut a sunflower with a Cheery Lynn Designs die in peek-a-boo peach and peach parfait (retired Stampin’-Up). I wanted a bit of a color variance in the sunflower. My leaf is from a CottageCutz die. I sponged the edges for a little more depth.

The blessing word is a die from CottageCutz and I cut it in early espresso cardstock. This cardstock is such a rich, deep shade of brown that I just love.

Stamped my sentiment in early espresso ink and added to a flag to complete this card. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: thanksgiving blessings (Stampabilities)  
Paper: early espresso, peek-a-boo peach, peach parfait, lemon lime twist, painted autumn dsp (Stampin’-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: peek-a-boo-peach, lemon lime twist, early espresso  
Accessories: sunflower, blessings phrase dies (CottageCutz), sunflower die (Cheery Lynn Designs), flag stax dies (MFT)

I am also entering:
1.  Die Cut Divas has an all things thankful challenge.
2.  Dies R Us has an anything fall challenge.
3.  Crafty Gals Corner has a harvest colors challenge.


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely sunflower, and that designer paper is perfect-great card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Thanks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful colors. What a lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a gorgeous sunflower...so pretty! Lovely patterned paper, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sunflower! I love that patterned paper. too. Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us..so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails