Monday, October 30, 2017

Good Wishes Tree Christmas Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. Hope your weekend was a good one. I spent both days crafting and that's always fun.

Today I get to visit my dentist and then hit the gym. But this afternoon I will be back in my craft room getting my sample card ready for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge.

But before all that I have a Christmas card to show on this post. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: I wanted to use red & green as the main colors and I found this paper in my Christmas collection. I thought the music background would work well with the Christmas words. I matched the designer paper with a pine green, a cherry red and kraft cardstocks.
The patterned paper had a nostalgic look to it so I decided to use burlap ribbon.
Step 2: I cut the good wishes words in the cherry red cardstock. I like the different style font that is used on each word.
I secured this to the patterned paper panel with glue dots. I used mini ones and rolled them into small lines.
Secured the image panel to the cherry red card base, I liked how the panels pop with the addition of the red card base.
Red Card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Green Layering Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned Paper Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Step 3:  I thought the panel needed something else to complete it. I tried a small bow but that didn't work. So I cut some bells and added them to the corner and scattered some gold sequins. It completed the card nicely.
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...........God bless.

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=good+wishes+tree


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbellspetites.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails