Saturday, September 23, 2017

Give Thanks 2017

Hello Blogger Friends Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
Well, Autumn has officially arrived on the calendar but the weather here in Pittsburgh is typically what we have in July and August. That we didn't have during those months (lol)!!! It's 88° and high humidity.
 
This is just the weather that tomatoes like to ripen, and we have a lot right now. I spent several days this week canning tomatoes. I have 12 jars now to enjoy this winter. I also have been roasting a lot of them as well. I will probably have enough this week to process another 7 jars. It's a lot of work and this week  I didn't feel well so it took me twice as long to get this done.
 
Preschool has started and a couple of kids have already been out sick. I guess I got what they had but life goes on when you are an adult. Today I am feeling better and trying to catch up on stuff I didn't get done this week.
 
So, let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #648. Pam was our hostess and she chose daffodil delight, wild wasabi, fresh fig and very vanilla as her color palette. Optional this week is sequins. I didn't have any sequins that fit this color scheme so I used daffodil delight enamel dots.
daffodil delight, wild wasabi, fresh fig, very vanilla
 When Pam picked these colors, I thought of making a Thanksgiving card with sunflowers. So that's the direction I took. My first Thanksgiving card of the season.

The sunflowers, wheat stalks and give thanks word are all dies from CottageCutz. I cut the sunflowers in daffodil delight and sponged with the same color ink for depth. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop them up on the card for added interest.
 
The centers I cut in fresh fig. Love this rich fig color but it is a bit hard to photograph. Wheat stalks are cut in crumb cake and sponged with a bit of fossilized amber distress ink.

For my background, I used the pinewood planks embossing folder (Stampin'-Up) with vanilla cardstock and then sponged with crumb cake ink.

To complete my card, I cut my give thanks phrase in fresh fig and added my enamel dots. Well that's it for me for today. Time to get back to some household chores.
So until next time........God bless.
 
Card Details:
Paper: fresh fig, crumb cake, daffodil delight, wild wasabi, very vanilla  
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Ink: daffodil delight, wild wasabi, crumb cake (Stampin'-Up), fossilized amber distress (Ranger)
Accessories: sunflowers, wheat stalks, give thanks dies (CottageCutz), pinewood planks ef, its my party enamel dots (Stampin-Up)  
 
Dies I used to create card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsunflowers.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgivethanks.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwheatstalks.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Hiding in my Craft Room has an any holiday challenge.
2.  My Time to Craft has a die cuts only challenge
3.  Simon Says Stamp has a Pop it up challenge. I popped up my sunflowers


2 comments:

  1. A stunning carad, I love your composition of the die cuts. Thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails