Saturday, August 26, 2017

Tandem Bike on a Scenic Route

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this last Saturday in August. I can't believe that I am even saying that.
 
Where did June, July and August go? I feel like I want to call them back and ask them to stay awhile (LOL). Unfortunately, time waits for no man.
 
I even started to put out some of my fall decorations today. I never do that this early but once I start pre-school my time seems to get limited. Last year I was decorating a couple of days before Thanksgiving and didn't really get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. So over the next week I will add more decorations and then in early October I will add to it my Thanksgiving decorations.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  Today I am using one of the wedding dies, Tandem Bike, and decided to create a little outdoor scene with it. I am going to send this to a friend to let her know she is being thought of.  We ride bikes together at a local trail. So this die was perfect to use. Let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Step 1: For my outdoor scene, I wanted a tree (grass, trees and vine die) a fence (garden accessories die) and the tandem bike. Cut these pieces first and then I chose my card colors of a medium gray and the blue -green based on the color I used on the tandem bike.

 Step 2:  I used a cloud template and sponged Tumbled Glass Distress ink for my clouds. I used a Taupe ink and sponged the ground at the bottom of my card.
Step 3:  I am ready to start assembly of the die cuts in my scene. I used multi matte medium, glue dots and dimensional adhesive to secure. The tandem bike has dimensional adhesive. I wanted it lifted slightly off the card base so it wouldn't be flush against the fence.  It gives it a bit more depth this way.
Step 4:  I wanted a sentiment on the front of my card and I found one in my stash that was ideal for this card. Especially since the bike trail we ride on is very scenic. Decided to stamp it inside a cloud with the blue-green ink that matches the bike and the layering panel. Adhere it with dimensional adhesive. The cloud is part of the clouds & sun die.

 
And that is my card for this post. I hope I have given you some inspiration on another way to use this new wedding die. So until next time........God bless..

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztandembike.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgrasstreeandvines.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcloudsandsun.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenaccessories.aspx
 
 I am also entering:
1.  Challenge Up Your life has a summer challenge.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Making Memories Crafting has an anything goes challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love the scene you create Mary. You did a fabulous job with the clouds too. WOW, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bike card, such a fabulous scene.
    Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next month.
    Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card looks great! So many details you can find there! Perfect for summer! Love, Manuela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails