Thursday, August 24, 2017

Santa on Christmas Eve

Hello Blogger Friends! thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. Hope you are having a great day.
 
We are enjoying some beautiful late summer weather here in Pittsburgh. Our tomatoes are ripening at an incredible rate. My goal for today is to get the ones I have roasted and then pureed and put in the freezer. I don't have enough to  can these using the water bath method.
 
My recipe calls for 8 lbs. I probably have half of that. So the freezer method will work fine. Love pulling them out in the dead of winter and enjoying the summer bounty.
 
So before I head off to my kitchen, I want to share the details of my card for today. This one I created for 2 of the DTGD Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Joyce was the hostess of DTGD17ashjoy and Jeanne was the hostess of DTGD17jeannes.
 
I started my card by sponging pool party and bermuda bay inks on white cardstock. I took a toothbrush and splattered white acrylic paint to replicate snow.

My die cut is the Christmas Eve night from CottageCutz. I inlaid silver cardstock just around the moon for some added sparkle.
 
The snowbank is a die from Lawn Fawn and covered with chunky glitter. The sentiment is from the Stampin'-Up set "wandering words". Completed my card by adding a few bermuda bay sequins to complete.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: wandering words (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper: bermuda bay, whisper white, silver
Paper Size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"
Ink: pool party, bermuda bay  
Accessories: christmas eve night (CottageCutz), stitched hillside die (Lawn Fawn), bermuda bay sequins, chunky glitter (Stampin'-Up), white acryic paint (Delta)  
Techniques: mixed media
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmasevenightelites.aspx
 I am also entering:
1.  A Snowflakes Promise has an anything goes challenge.
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails