Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day Fox

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit on this Sunday in June.
We are celebrating Father's Day today but without our sons or grandkids. My youngest son lives in California and the oldest one and his family left for the beach yesterday. It's their year to go with my daughter-in-law's family. So we are taking care of their dog.
Today I will make my hubby a special dinner and just let him relax. The US Open (golf) is on TV so he will probably watch that. He is a great Dad and Granddad so a day to honor that is wonderful.
 
I showed his card yesterday. See that here. And, today I am showing the card that  I sent to my son in California. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.
 
crushed curry, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise
This is my card for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge #639. Maura was our hostess and she has chosen tempting turquoise, crushed curry and pumpkin pie for her color trio. Optional this week is to add the treats of summer to your card.

I needed a Father's Day card so I didn't use the option on this card.  My sweet granddaughter will love the fox.

I used a kaleidoscope stencil + sponge dauber for my background and the challenge colors. I thought it made a nice masculine backdrop for my little fox.

The fox and log are dies from CottageCutz - the Forest Peekers Fox and the Log for Peekers. I cut the fox in pumpkin pie cardstock and then sponged with the same ink ink. I wanted to deepen his color a bit to make him look like a red fox.

The sentiment is from the "Man of the Hour" set from Waltzingmouse. Cut it with a flag die. Well that's my card for today. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday whatever plans you may have. Until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: man of the hour (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: pumpkin pie, choc chip, crushed curry, basic black, whisper white  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: crushed curry, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: kaleidoscope stencil (Stencil Ease), log for peekers, forest peekers, fox (CottageCutz)  
Techniques: stenciling
 
I am also entering:
1.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter challenge.
2.  Crafty Purple Frog has a make it manly challenge.
3Just For Fun Rubber Stamps has a for the guys challenge

9 comments:

  1. I love how you did the circle design on the background. Some of my favorite summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful background you created for your sweet fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute make & I love the background

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Purple Frog this time, hope to see you joining in with us again real soon
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love the background and colors! Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to combine challenges! The background looks fabulous, I love the ombre effect. Thanks for sharing your work with us at JFF Rubber Stamps this month! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Father's Day card. Love the colorful background. Thank you for sharing your project in the Just For Fun June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright card for Father's Day! I think the graphic background works great, but also adds a touch of fun and whimsy! Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun rubber stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bright and cheerful fox card you have made here which fits perfectly The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this month of “make it manly”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge Blog Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails