Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Celebrate Your Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this beautiful day in June.
 
We had a great weekend and celebrated my Mother-in-law's 87th birthday on Sunday. She was happy that everyone was together to honor her. She is healthy and still fairly mobile for her age.
 
The card I am showing today is the one I gave her for her birthday. She thanked me for the card but I am not real sure if she liked it. She never has been a big fan of my cards or a supporter of my creative endeavors. Not sure why but I have decided not to think on it too much. I get more than enough support from my hubby, family and friends.
 
Here are the details on this card. I made this card for the color challenge #638 on Splitcoaststampers.  Pam was our hostess and she has chosen wisteria wonder, blushing bride and pear pizzazz for her color trio.  
blushing bride, pear pizzazz, wisteria wonder
My card started with my sketch. I am using the MojoMonday #500 sketch. This is the last Mojo sketch. After a 10 year run and because of family obligations, Julie has decided to say farewell. I have used these sketches often so I will definitely miss them.
My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "have a cuppa" collection. I used white ribbon and wisteria wonder cardstock to join the panels.

For the background rectangles of the sketch I used both cardstock and pear pizzazz ribbon. The cardstock is embossed with a hearts folder.

My image panel is stamped with a birthday sentiment from the Verve "poppy birthday" stamp set. I stamped in pear pizzazz.

The stitched cupcake is a die from CottageCutz. I cut in the challenge colors and sponged the edges with ink for some dimension and to darken the colors a bit. Finished off my card with a few wisteria wonder enamel dots.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time...........God less.
 
card details:
Stamps: Poppy Birthday (Verve)  
Paper: pear pizzazz, wisteria wonder, blushing bride, whisper white, have a cuppa dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pear pizzazz, blushing bride
Accessories: stitched cupcakes & rounded rectangle dies (CottageCutz), heart embossing folder (Darice), subtles enamel dots & pear pizzazz ribbon (Stampin'-Up), white ribbon (Darice)  

I am also entering:
1.  MojoMonday #500
2.  Everybody Art Challenge has a birthday challenge.
3.  Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Birthday card. Looks so great. Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is positively adorable! Love that scrumptious little cupcake. So glad you could join us for our final Mojo sketch, Mary! I always love peeking in at your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails