Friday, June 2, 2017

~ Apple Thanks ~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Hope all is well in your area of the world. Here in Pittsburgh, I am enjoying the start of my summer. I miss being with my little preschoolers but I see that it is also good to give your mind and body a rest. That way, I will be totally refreshed when school starts again in September.
 
So what have I been doing this week? Hmm interesting question. My plans are to get caught up on household chores that I have been wanting to do but somehow never get around to.  My craft room is a big part of this to-do list. So I have 3 months and hopefully by the time school starts again my plans are accomplished.
 
Yesterday was a successful day for getting one of the chores on my list done. It's always good to have a physical list and then see something crossed off the list. Speaking of lists, I did have thank you cards to make and send to the parents of my preschoolers for their end of year gifts.
 
And, that's my card for today. I came up with an easy design so I could make a few of these. I used the colors from CC636. Roberta was the hostess and she chose old olive, cherry cobbler and tangelo twist for her color trio. Optional was to use ribbon or twine.
tangelo twist, old olive, cherry cobbler
I started by stenciling a few fronds on the background panel. Used the Memory Box garden fronds stencil.  Old olive ink and a sponge dauber helped  me achieve the look I was after.
 
The apple thanks die is from PaperTrey Ink.  It's a 2 piece die so you can cut the apple in a different color than the outline. I used old olive and cherry cobbler cardstock.

Sponged around the image panel edge with old olive and tangelo twist ink. I added some orange twine and this card was done.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: old olive, cherry cobbler, whisper white  
Paper Size: A2
Ink: old olive, tangelo twist
Accessories: Apple Die (PaperTrey Ink), Garden Frond Stencil (Memory Box), Orange Twine (Twinery)  
Techniques: Stenciling
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Southern Girls has an anything goes challenge. 
3Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the warm tones and use of dies! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails