Wednesday, May 24, 2017

~ Sponged & Masked Sympathy Card ~

Hello Blogger Friends and thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well, it's my first official day of summer break. We had our final preschool program last night. The kids were so cute singing their songs and reciting the alphabet. Of course the parents loved it. We also had a video of what we had done over the last 8 months with them. That is always a big favorite with the kids and parents.
 
The parents blessed me with end of the year gifts. Their thoughtfulness always amazes me. I am making some thank you cards and will post those later this week.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another one I made for the Splitcoaststampers Virtual Stamp Night Challenges. Brenda was the hostess and her challenge was to take inspiration from the Oscar-nominated song, Audition: The Fools Who Dream, from La La Land. I took the words "sunset inside a frame" and created my card.  
 
I sponged just a bit of daffodil delight ink for my setting sun. And, then moved to my night sky using pacific point ink.

I continued with soft sky for my water. I stamped waves in the water with wild wasabi ink and a stamp from Just For Fun.

Made a mask and sponged at the waters edge with crumb cake ink for a little sand. Moved the mask to the side of the card and sponged with tuxedo black ink for my island.

On the island I stamped a palm tree from the Stampin'-Up "plant hope" set. Used my wild wasabi marker to add some color to the tree fronds.
 
That's my card for today. It's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
Card details:
Stamps: with heartfelt (rubber Cottage)plant hope, a touch of nature (Stampin'-Up), sunset at the beach (just for fun)
Paper: whisper white, pacific point, black
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" 
Ink: pacific point, soft sky, wild wasabi, crumb cake, daffodil delight and tuxedo black
Accessories: rectangle frame die (Impression Obsession), sponges, daubers. Wild Wasabi marker
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Tuesday Throwdown has an anything goes challenge.  
2Always Fun Challenges has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge
 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene you made! thanks for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges!
    DT Waleska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes... I don't even know how I come to your blog, but goodness gracious I'm so glad I did. I LOVE this card, it's just absolutely stunning. I will have to search for this stamp set. I'm going to become a follower of you blog. You do amazing work. Hope you can check out my blog as well. Not nearly as nice though.
    again GREAT JOB. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely stunning! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a painting, Mary! What a wonderful island and a peaceful beach at sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mary for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week with your lovely creation - we do hope you will come back again - best wishes on the win! ~ Gail DT TTD~ This is so very lovely Mary! I love the scene! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails