Tuesday, May 30, 2017

~ Holiday Car ~

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Hope your Memorial Day celebration was a good one whatever you did. Our community has a parade each year in honor of those who gave their lives for our freedom.
 
It's also the "unofficial" start of summer. In our area, people use this day to get their gardens in-plant flowers or just do work outside. My hubby was out in his yard all day. He works so hard to keep our yard looking beautiful. As for me, I was inside and up in my craft room. Both of us were so content, doing what makes us happy.
 
This morning my friend is coming over and we are going on a bike ride. I just bought a bike at a garage sale. I don't intend to do any serious riding just to get some additional exercise. We are going to a local park that has a bike lane and will give us about 4 miles of riding area.
 
I  wanted to get a card posted before I leave for the ride. This one I made for the color challenge #636  on Splitcoaststampers. Roberta was our hostess and she chose old olive, tangelo twist and cherry cobbler for her color trio. Optional was to use ribbon or twine. There is twine holding the tree to the top of the car-even though it's paper (lol)!!
 
As soon as Roberta selected these colors, I thought I would try and make a Christmas card. Working the tangelo twist was a bit difficult, but I managed it.

I used an MFT stencil and some 3D molding paste to create a snowy background. As soon as I removed the stencil, I sprinkled dazzling diamonds glitter. IRL it's quite sparkly.

My Christmas car carrying the Christmas tree and gifts is a die from CottageCutz - Holiday Car. The pine tree is also a die from Cottage - "Woodland Friends".

I cut a hill using a die from Lawn Fawn and added chunky glitter to the top. Stamped my sentiment and added a few candy dots to complete my card.
 
Well, that's it for this post. Now I have another card to add to my Christmas stash. It's 3#.
 
card details:
Stamps: Holiday Home (PaperTrey Ink)  
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, old olive, tangelo twist, whisper white, basic gray, basic black, smokey slate
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: Holiday card, woodland friends dies (CottageCutz), regals enamel dots, dazzling diamonds & chunky glitter (Stampin'-Up), falling snow stencil (MFT), 3 D Molding Paste (American Traditional Designs)  
Techniques: stenciling
 
Dies I used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=woodland+friends
 
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Snowflakes Promise has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Weekly Christmas Card Challenge is anything goes.

4 comments:

  1. I love the scene you created! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, love your card, that car is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. Love theses dies, I think I may just have to purchase them for myself they are so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges. - Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, loving the snow effects. Thanks for joining us at The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge, Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails