Saturday, January 7, 2017

Valentine Love

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday of January.
 
Today we are going to my extended family Christmas celebration. We have 2 big get togethers throughout the year - one in the summer and one at Christmas time. Everyone will bring a side dish to share and my sister in law will bake a huge ham and we buy chicken. I am making mac 'n cheese. I thought the kids would like that as well as the adults.
 
It will be a good time of seeing family. My brother's house is big and the floor plan is such that it can easily accommodate 50-70 people. That's how many will be in attendance.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly blog post on the CottageCutz blog. I am starting my Valentine cards because I send a lot of them and also give some of them to the guys at church to give to their wives. 
 
So here are the details on how I created this card as well as lots of photos for the step by step process.
 
Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Red Layer For Image Panel: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Image Panel: 3 3/8" x 4 1/4"
 
My layout is from this week's sketch #626 on Splitcoaststampers. You will notice on the sketch photo they have circles. When you use a sketch it's a starting point. You can always substitute the images. As long as your finished card resembles the sketch your good.
 
Once I decided on this card layout, I chose my patterned paper and that determined by card colors. I cut all the layers and then the die cuts. I am using the new Love Bow & Arrow die which will be in the online store soon for purchasing.
 
Before I assembled my image panel, I stamped my sentiment. The stamp was a bit to long for this panel so I masked part of it off and stamped it on 2 lines. I used my MISTI tool to accomplish this. Although any stamp positioner would work as well. I placed the bottom heart on the panel so I would have an idea of where to place my sentiment. 




 
 For the long rectangle strip in the sketch, I used pink cardstock measuring 3/4" x 5 1/2" and a heart embossing folder for added texture.

I added my die cut images.   After I assembled my card, I thought the image panel looked bare. So I scattered some love words and hearts to finish it off. I was happy with the finished card.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Enjoy your day whatever you have planned. And, until next time...............God bless.

card details:
Stamps: love you with all my heart (MFT) 
 Paper: real red, whisper white , pretty in pink, christmas cocoa dsp (Stampin'-Up)
 Paper Size: A2
 Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
 Accessories: love bow & arrow die (CottageCutz, adorning accents embossing folder (Stampin'-Up)
 
I am also entering: 
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is celebrating something new. I am using new dies.  
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is something new.
3.  Just Us Girls word week challenge is "new".
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along at agoac. Our challenge is to celebrate something new though not to use something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card - I love the tiny love too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails