Sunday, January 1, 2017

~Glowing Candles~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this first day of January 2017.
 
We spent last night with my son and daughter-in-law. We had dinner at their home and then a quiet evening together. Both of the boys were out with friends. We stayed overnight since it's a 45 minute drive back to our home and who wants to be out at 12:00 especially on New Years Eve.
 
Now I am just kicking back and enjoying the holiday. Everything seemed to go by so quickly the past week. So enjoying my trees and decorations is the order of the day.
 
I am still showing the cards I made for Christmas. This one was created for the color challenge #613. Pam was the hostess and the color trio she picked was crushed curry, garden green and real red. Optional was to have a Christmas glow.
crushed curry, garden green and real red
For my card, I used the "glowing candles" die from Memory Box. I cut it in cherry cobbler, garden green and gold and then did the inlay technique. I layered the candles over some pine branches and those I cut with an Impression Obsession die.

To create a warm glow on my card, I used some crushed curry designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "watercolor wonder" collection. Scattered some red sequins because the top of the card looked a little bare to me.

Stamped my Merry Christmas sentiment to complete my image panel. This panel was cut with a MFT die. I thought the stitched edge added interest. Layered this panel over a red card base to finish off my card.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God bless and Happy New Year!
 
card details:
Stamps: Light of Christmas (SNSS)  
Paper: cherry cobbler, garden green, mirror gold, watercolor wonder dsp
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Accessories: glowing candles die (Memory Box), pine branch die (Impression Obsession), blueprints 15 (MFT), red sequins
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting When We Can has a It's Christmas challenge.
2.  Pile It On has a celebrations challenge.
3Alphabet Challenge is "U" for use something red.
  

 
 

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card Mary!! I love the way you did the glow for the candles, it looks SO real and the greenery perfect with them. Really and outstanding card :) Wishing you a Wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails