Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A King is Born

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this 3rd day of January 2017. It's quite a mild day here but overcast and rainy. In fact it's been raining all day.
 
Today was also my first day back at preschool after Christmas break. The kids were fine and seemed excited to be back. They were quite talkative for 3 year olds and letting us know what they got for Christmas. The 2 hours went by so quickly. I am already looking forward to Thursday. I have a mitten art project planned for them.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another of the recycled card projects I did for Christmas. You can see the others here, here, here and here.
 
This is my card for Sabrina's sing, sing a song WT614 challenge.
My song inspiration is A King is Born. Here is a link to a great YouTube video.

 On this card I recycled a Christmas card I received last year and created a new card. I used a template from Just For Fun Stamps to cut the image in 4 pieces and used some postage stamp scissors for a fancy edge.

In addition to the template for cutting your image, my friend also has this faux postage background stamp that stamps a background for your images once they are cut. It's also from JFF Stamps.

We were together in the summer and everyone brought some Christmas cards to try this technique out.  I used the SC622 sketch for my layout.
 
I layered the image with a chocolate shimmer cardstock. I used some gold striped designer paper that I found in my stash from Making Memories. I thought it matched nicely with the image.

Used a die to cut the paper ribbon and bow in the chocolate shimmer cardstock. Layered these panels on a vanilla shimmer cardstock and that completed this card. And that also completes this post for today. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: faux postage template (Just For Fun Stamps)
Paper: vanilla & chocolate shimmer paper, stardust stripe gold paper
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: blueprints 3 die (MFT), postage edge scissors (ProvoCraft)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails