Tuesday, August 30, 2016

~Give Thanks~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
It's a beautiful Tuesday here in Pittsburgh. Our warm weather and sunshine is continuing. In a couple of days September will be upon us and it will be time to start thinking of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I send cards to family and friends and my card today is the first one of this season.
 
It was created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. So let's get started on how I created my card. I made a different size card today. This one is 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" - a tall and skinny card. 
 
Old Olive Card Base: 3 1/2" x 11" - scored at 5 1/2"
Stenciled panel: 3 3/8" x 5 3/8"
Image Panel: 2 3/8" x 4 1/2"
 
I was going to use designer paper and none of my stash was catching my eye. So I decided to do some stenciling on the background panel. I really like the leaves on this die so I cut them from scrap white cardstock and used them as my template. And, also different distress inks.
I used a stencil brush to feather in the leaf colors. I really like the soft look that I was able to achieve with this brush. Just another way to get more use from your dies.
Now that my background is complete, I went for the next layer and chose some 1 1/4"wide striped olive grosgrain ribbon. It matches my card base. I also used a corner rounder on this panel for some added interest.
At this point I am ready to cut my dies to layer on this panel. I used a curry colored cardstock for one of my leaves and the other 2 a reddish brown shade and the pumpkin of course is cut in orange. For my Give Thanks word, I used a purple cardstock. I also used the corner rounder on this image panel.
Here are some close-up photos. Just wanted you to see the detail on the pumpkin and leaves as well as the beautiful font on the Give Thanks word.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Until next time..........God bless.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgivethanks.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.
2.  613 Avenue Create is anything goes.
3Crafting When We Can has a die-cut punch challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CWWC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your GORGEOUS card!! Thank you for the tips for creating the background. The extra photos are a HUGE HELP!! You are an EXCELLENT teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall card Mary, love the background you created and the dimensional pumpkin and leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of color! This is a very nice and well crafted creation! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails