Wednesday, July 6, 2016

~Framed Sofa & Chair Scene~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today started quite early for me since 2 of my brothers came over to help me prepare some food for Aidin's (middle grandson) grad party on Friday night. We have our Mom's recipe for enchiladas that I have never prepared, believe it or not.
 
My brothers are great cooks and have made these many times for our family reunions and get togethers. Aidin had specifically requested these for his party food. Well as a matter of fact he asked for all his favorite dishes to be served at the party. So my daughter-in-law has been busy cooking away for a couple of weeks now. It will be a fun family night with both sides of the family as well as friends and lots of good food.
 
Aidin goes off to the University of Kentucky in a month. He is excited although it will be an emotional time for my daughter-in-law. Anyway, let's move onto my card for today.
 
This one I made for my DT blog post on the CottageCutz Blog.Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring several new dies set from the June "Home Sweet Home" release.  I thought I would make a card to send to a friend who has had some stressful days at work. We all need to take time to relax a bit. Don't you agree? The sofa & chair dies were so perfect for my card idea. So let's get started with some card details.
 
Card Base: 5 1/2"  x 4 1/4" - used Stampin'-Up coastal cabana cardstock.
Embossed Paper Layer:  5 3/8" x 4 1/8" - used Stampin'-Up vanilla cardstock.
 
 
Step 1.  Created the background texture using an embossing folder and my BigShot machine.
Step 2. I wanted this panel raised from the card base. The card has nice dimension that's not picked up in these photos. I decided not to use mounting tape. Instead I had some fun foam which works quite nicely. I only had blue but once it's on the blue card base you can't really see it. It gives about an 1/8" lift to the panel. 

 
Step 3:  I die cut the frame using the Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame set and attached it to the embossed layer. Added some pearls to the frame corners. I die cut my sofa and chair with Stmpin'-Up baked brown sugar cardstock and the sofa pillows with  striped designer paper from the retro fresh collection. This card could also work for a guy just by eliminating the pearls.
 
Since I don't have the floor lamps, rugs and plant dies, I punched an oval for my rug and used the flower pot from the Garden Accessories and the leaves from the Fancy Pocket Plus to create my plant. Just another way to get more use out of the CottageCutz dies you own.  I attached the dies with a variety of adhesives - double sided tape, glue dots and multi-matte medium.
 
Step 4. To complete my card, I stamped my sentiment on a die that is also part of the Fancy Pocket Plus set. I added a bit of thick baker's twine that matches my cardstock color. I decided to add a couple of cats to this scene because my friend likes cats and that finishes off the card. 
 
Well friends, that's it for me for today, so until next time...God bless.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsofaandchair.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancypocketplus.aspx
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds like a fun, but busy, week for you!! Congrats to your grandson on his graduation!! Love your card!! You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Aiden! I love those furniture dies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails