Monday, June 13, 2016

~You're My Clark Kent~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and thanks for stopping in at the Charmed Life Blog on this Monday in June. Hope you had a great weekend.
 
We celebrated my Mother-in-law's 86th birthday yesterday. She is still able to get around on her own, drives locally and has a strong mind. She likes going to Bravo so that's where we took her. The staff knows her there and the manager came over to wish her a happy birthday. They sent desserts for the table. We all picked something from the menu to enjoy.
 
Then last night our Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey team won the Stanley Cup. It was an exciting game to watch. There were even fireworks in our neighborhood at game conclusion.
 
We also had a terrible shooting at a club in Florida on Saturday night. It is being labeled as a terrorist attack. My prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones in the senseless attack.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #586 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose garden green, pool party and marina mist as her color trio. Optional was to make a Father's Day card.
 
garden green, pool party, marina mist
Good for me since I have a few to make yet. This one is for my hubby and he is my “Clark Kent” aka superman.

 The Clark Kent sentiment and glasses are from MFT. I bought them a few months ago and am finally getting around to using them. I die cut the glasses in black card stock 3x and adhered together. I used some glossy accents on top to give them the look of plastic frames.

Also used the MFT Blueprints 18 dies for the other elements on my card. The background designer paper is from the BoBunny –“Santorini Stripe” pattern. Love how it matches the Stampin’-Up marina mist cardstock

I added some candy dots to complete my card. I made the dots from Perler beads and melted them in the oven. I saw a little tutorial on Julia aka artystamper’s blog. They melt in the oven at 325° into this round shape and there is no smell. Now you can have some basic colors of dots at a fraction of the cost to buy them.
 
And, that my friends is my card for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: geek is chic (MFT)
Paper: marina mist, garden green, pool party, Santorini Stripe dp (BoBunny)
Paper Size: A2   
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento) 
Accessories: geek is chic, Blueprints 18 dies (MFT), glossy accents (Ranger), Perler Beads 
 
I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Dragonfly Journeys has a Daddy Day care challenge.
3.  Glitter 'N Sparkle has a Father's Day challenge.
4.  Pile It On has an old, new, blue challenge. Old=do, new=dies & stamps, blue=card colors.
5.  Crazy For Challenges has a make it masculine challenge.
   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! This is a perfect card for Father's Day! I just love the glasses and the sentiment especially. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just an amazing card - love the Clark Kent concept. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails