Monday, June 27, 2016

~Whale Done~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I returned from San Francisco in the wee hours of Friday. A series of mishaps in San Francisco caused me to have my flight rescheduled. So instead of returning at 8:30 pm I didn't get in until 1:00 am. I am still running on West Coast time so hopefully my internal clock adapts back to my time zone quickly.

It was a great visit with Phoenix Daisy, and I am already looking forward to her visit next month for 10 days here in Pittsburgh. She even gets to stay with me along for 4 days while her parents take a little side trip.

It will be a first for her and she is excited. Hopefully that excitement transfers over to bedtime when Mommy isn't here. I don't have any trouble at all in San Francisco at bedtime. I am thinking it will be the same here In Pittsburgh.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created as my sample for the color challenge #589 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara is our hostess and she rose red, elegant eggplant and island indigo for her color trio. Optional this week is to use ribbon.

rose red, elegant eggplant, island indigo
This week we are also saying goodbye to Peggy aka pegmac71 and so we decided to dedicate the challenge to her this week. You can read more about it here. I went with a beach themed card because Peggy loves the beach. Well who wouldn’t- living in Florida (lol)!! You know what I mean???


I am using some new dies from Reverse Confetti and also their June sketch #37. Love the octopus as well as the little crab stamps and dies.


 My background designer paper is from the Stampin-Up “festival of prints” collection. I thought the stripes gave it some nautical appeal. The colors in the paper are island indigo and early espresso. Espresso is a deep rich brown shade but sometimes it wants to photo darker and look black. I am using it as one of my neutrals this week along with very vanilla.

Stamped my octopus and crab in rose red ink and the whale in island indigo ink. To get the eggplant color on the card and this week's optional, I used elegant eggplant ribbon and candy dots. The side flags are cut from early espresso cardstock.
 
The sentiment is from the Reverse Confetti “seaside” set. I stamped in elegant eggplant ink. I chose this sentiment because Peggy has done a fantastic job for the past 7 years for our team. Goodbye and God bless my sweet friend.

Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time........

Card details:
Stamps: seaside (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: rose red, elegant eggplant, island indigo (Stampin’-Up)
Paper: island indigo, very vanilla, early espresso, festival of prints dsp (Stampin;-Up)
Accessories: seaside dies (Reverse Confetti), elegant eggplant enamel dots & grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’-Up)flag stax die (MFT)


I am also entering:
1.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Use Your Stuff has a good things in 3's challenge. I used 3 images-3 colors-3 embellies-ribbon-enamel dots and flags
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.


 

7 comments:

  1. Love your fun card Mary!! That little whale is tooo cute and the stripes are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love the nautical theme and the play on words. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card. Love how you have combined all the challenges to create a fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us over at UYS - DT Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card. Thank you for joining in at Crafting From the Heart this week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in on the Good Things in 3's challenge at Use Your Stuff! Your images and sentiment make for an adorable sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card! Love the colors and such cute images/sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, great colors, great animal images! Thanks for joining us Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog! Congrats on being a "Highlight" on our blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails