Saturday, June 4, 2016

~Congrats~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Saturday to you all. My middle grandson, Aidin, graduated from high school last night. It was a very emotional moment for me. I was glad I had sunglasses on and that I was also taking pictures. It kept me focused on the task at hand.
 
He will be off to the University of Kentucky for the fall term. That's a long way from Pittsburgh but my hubby and I have already decided that we will make the drive to go and visit with him.
 
There were 400 graduates in his class. But the ceremony only took 1 1/2 hrs. total. The school kept everything moving along and even the speakers were quick. I am sure they gave them time limits.
 
Then afterwards we went out to a restaurant and had dinner. My youngest son came in from San Francisco for the graduation. He come alone and left his wife and daughter behind for this trip. He came in on the red eye on Friday morning and leaves tomorrow. So it was a very short trip.
 
We are going to all get together for dinner tonight and then watch the Stanley Cup hockey finals. Our Pittsburgh Penguins are in these games.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the HYCCT event on Splitcoaststampers but never posted it here on my blog.
 
For my card I used the Blueprints 18 dies from MFT. This die set has all the elements to cut the various shapes I used on my card. The congrats word is another MFT die. It's part of the celebratory die set. 
 
The card layout is a sketch from MFT. They provide ideas for using their blueprints dies. I used the bottom right layout.

 I used a real red and espresso brown color combo on my card.  The espresso sometimes is difficult to photo and looks black. It is a deep rich brown color that I love using on cards.  The striped paper is from the "merry moments" Christmas pack from Stampin'-Up.
 
This would make a great masculine graduation card. The color combo, clean design and the stripes are always good for a guy card. 
 
Well my friends that's it for me for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details: 
Paper: real red, very vanilla, early espresso, merry moments dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Blueprints 18 & celebratory greetings dies (MFT)

I am also entering:
1.  A Beautiful Mess has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Creative Corner has a just for men challenge.
3.  Cut It Up challenge blog has a sketch challenge. You can use any sketch.
4.  Dragon's Lair challenge is one for the guys.
5.  Polkadoodles has a one for the boys challenge.

9 comments:

  1. What a crisp, bright card! I love the colors!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Sketch challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card thanks so much for joining in at Polkadoodles, hugs Aly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super congrats card Mary!! Emotional and Exciting for Aidin to graduate and start a new Chapter. It will be fun to take a road trip to see him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Great project. Thank you for joining us at A Beautiful Mess good luck. We hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Crafty Hugs Jen (DT/Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and love the design. Thanks for joining us for our For the Boys Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice clean and sim,ple card
    thanks for joining dragons lair
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card/
    Thank you very much for entering the "Dragons Lair Designs" "One for the Guys" challenge for June. Good luck.
    Gwyneth DLD DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, could be adapted for all sorts of occasions, thank you for taking part in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant masculine card and congratulations to your grandson. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dragons Lair Designs. Pippa DLD DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails