Wednesday, June 29, 2016

~Nautical Hugs From Afar~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I think I have recovered from my West Coast trip. It seems to take me a few days to get back on East Coast time. I may be going back in mid-August for a week or so. Not sure yet.
 
Our next big trip will be to the beach in mid-July. I love going to the beach with my family. It's always a relaxing time and wonderful conversations with my grandsons. This year we are going to the Isle of Palms which is near Charleston, South Carolina. I am looking forward to going into Charleston and do some sight seeing.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made using the salted background technique. I used some Stampin-Up reinkers in coastal cabana, bashful blue and night of navy and an aqua brush and painted onto glossy cardstock. Then I sprinkled with chunky sea salt and spritzed with more water. the colors will blend a little more at this point. I set it aside to dry. After it dries you just brush off the salt.
 
With this technique, you get a different look each time you do it. It also depends on the colors you use. This one reminded me of water and sky so I went with a nautical theme.
 
My sailboat is from Memory Box and the airplane and banner are from Impression Obsession. The sentiment I used is from Verve. Well, my friends that's it for me for today. Have lots to do around my home. Nothing fun just chores like laundry and spot cleaning etc.
 
So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Verve
Paper: night of navy, white, Kromekote glossy card stock
Paper Size: A2   
Ink: Reinkers: bashful blue, coastal cabana, night of navy   
Accessories: aqua painter, marina sailboats (Memory Box), plane with banner die (Impression Obsession)  
Techniques: salted background
 
I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes.
2  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafty Gals Corner has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Inky Impressions has a Summertime Challenge.
5.  Mod Squad Challenge is Nautical.
 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and I love the little red plane! Thank You for joining in the Mod Squad Challenge this week! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Mary! I love the scene you've created it's so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Mary!
    Love your scene and inky background!
    THANK YOU for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails