Sunday, June 5, 2016

Birthday balloons in a box

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. It's a quiet Sunday here at the Marsh household.
 
My son left to go back home early this afternoon. I dropped him off at the airport around 2:00. He came in just for the weekend to attend Aidin's (middle grandson) graduation. I had some great family time with both my sons.
 
My hubby went off to work and I am here alone for the day. Thought I would do this blog post then head off to my craft room for some card making. Need to get some Father's Day cards made.
 
Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a card in a box. These are such fun to make and so easy now that I bought a Sizzix die that cuts the box shape, the back layering panel and the inside dividers. Here is a link to 2 tutorials-here and here- that will give the measurements on how to create these cards in a box.
 
My box base is cut in Stampin'-Up raspberry ripple card stock.  I used a bone folder to get a sharp crease on the fold lines and adhered with red line tape. The designer paper  I used for layering is from the Stampin'-Up "birthday basics" collection. 
 
I decorated the inside of the box with the Cottage Cutz dies round balloons and cupcake mini. The balloons are cut in Bermuda bay, raspberry ripple, primrose petals, gumball green and crisp cantaloupe cardstock. I used the corresponding ink and sponged the balloons for depth.
 
I created 3 bunches of balloons and used glue dots to secure them together. To get them to stand up, I used acetate and cut it ½" x 3 ½" and taped it to the images and then to the divider panels on the inside of the box.

On the side box panels, I used the CottageCutz "cupcake mini" die and cut them in the "birthday basics" designer paper and layered them on a die cut circle for interest. The circle is cut in Bermuda bay cardstock. I scattered some hearts that were cut with the cupcake die. The dots are punched with a handheld punch.
 
On my front panel, I used the MFT happy hellos die to cut the word happy from raspberry ripple cardstock. Used an oval punch to cut the oval also in Bermuda bay cardstock and then stamped my birthday sentiment. The sentiment and candles are from the Stampin'-Up "party this way" set. I fussy cut the candles.

On the back panel I stamped another birthday sentiment and image on a circle die in raspberry ripple ink. Then layered on a raspberry ripple circle and attached with dimensional adhesive to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.

 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzballoonroundminipre-order.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcupcakemini.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Inkspirational Challenge is text.
2.  Creative Artiste has an anything goes challenge.
3Morgan's Art World has a shaped card challenge.
4.  2 Creative Chicks has an anything goes challenge.
5.  ABC Challenge has an I for important challenge.
 

    

 

8 comments:

  1. Delightful. So glad you could join us at Morgan's Artworld this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card in a box Mary!! It looks like a ton of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card in the box, so bright and colourful
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your box...such a wonderful way to make a special day for someone. Thank you for joining the fun at ABC Challenge! Good luck and be sure and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love those balloons!
    Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun pop up box! Just fab! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks just gorgeous! thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable project! Thank you for joining in at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails