Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother"s Day Resist


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I am out in San Francisco taking care of my sweet granddaughter. It's been a whirlwind visit and I am headed home tomorrow. I haven't had an opportunity to post on my blog. Actually at the end of the day I am more than ready to go to bed myself. 

I will spend the day flying home to Pittsburgh tomorrow. There is a 3 hour time difference so it seems like all day. I do have a brief layover in Chicago and that helps to break the long flight up some. 

Phoenix Daisy was a bit teary eyed at bedtime because I am leaving. But I come back next month for a week so I told her to mark the days on the calendar. She will need Mommy's help for the calendar part and at 5 years old a month will seem like an eternity.

I am anxious to get home to my hubby. When he doesn't come with me I really miss him. What's that about absence making the heart grow fonder?

Now onto this card. I created it for the color challenge #581on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was the hostess and she chose blackberry bliss, wisteria wonder, pear pizzazz and soft sky for her color palette. 
blackberry bliss, wisteria wonder, soft sky, pear pizzazz
 
On this card I did an emboss resist technique. I used the Stampin'-Up corner garden stamp and stamped with versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. I took the challenge colors and sponged around the image. 

Stamped my sentiment which is from the April 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit. I stamped in blackberry bliss ink. I added some pear pizzazz ribbon and a bow, scattered some sequins, die cut a butterfly and attached the panel to the pear pizzazz base. 

I gave this card to my daughter-in-law in Pittsburgh for Mother's Day. She is always complimentary with my work.

Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God bless.

Card Details: 
Stamps: corner garden (Stampin'-Up)
Paper:pear pizzazz, whisper white
Ink: blackberry bliss, pear pizzazz, wisteria wonder, soft sky
Accessories: sequins, pear pizzazz ribbon, exotic butterfly (Cheery Lynn Designs)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Mary.Love the colors and the lovely ribbon.
    Gr, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sponging over the white embossed image Mary - what a lovely card design! How nice you spent time with Daisy Phoenix - I cannot believe she is 5 already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors on your card, Mary. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails