Sunday, December 13, 2015

~Deer in Forest~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Sunday to you all. I made some definite progress in my Christmas preparations this weekend.

I worked feverishly on Friday and Saturday and finished the inside of the house. Today after church I want to get my card made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I am the hostess this week. Then I plan on getting my Christmas cards in the mail.

Tonight, we want to go to Kennywood Park, our local amusement park, for a Christmas light show. Friends of ours that have gone said it is really spectacular and definitely worth the visit. I put a link above so you can jump over and see what it's all about. It will be something different for Christmas that we have never done.

Now onto my card for today. This is one I made for the color challenge #558 on Splitcoaststampers. Peggy is our hostess and she chose tip top taupe, choc chip and watermelon wonder for her color trio. Optional is to use die cuts or punches.

tip top taupe, watermelon wonder, choc chip
 

My background is the new snowfall stencil from MFT. I used some 3-D molding paste with a bit of glitter for a raised design effect. I like how this turned out. I made a variation of this card and will post it another day.

The birch trees are cut in tip top taupe with a Memory Box die. My deer are stamped in choc chip and then die cut. They are from the PTI "in the meadow" set. This is the first time that I have used this stamps set for the deer. Usually I just die cut the deer. I like the look so much better by stamping first.

The snow bank is cut with the Lawn Fawn "stitched hillsides" die from glitter paper. I added a few birds cut in watermelon wonder. And, to finish off the card my "merry" word is cut in watermelon and then offset with choc chip.  

Well Blogger friends that's it for me for today. Time to get ready for church. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: : in the meadow (Paper Trey Ink) 
Paper: whispering white, tip top taupe, choc chip, watermelon wonder 
Ink: choc chip 
Accessories: snowfall stencil (MFT), 3-D molding paste (American Traditional Designs), warm diamond glitter (Elizabeth Crafts) in the meadow & wonderful words dies (Paper Trey Ink), stitched hillside die (Lawn Fawn), birch trees trio (Memory Box) 
Techniques: mixed media, stencil

4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love this scene and it looks like a winter wonderland.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,enjoy the Christmas lights show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful winter woods scene Mary - love the double colors on the die cut sentiment! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love how you did your background.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails