Monday, November 16, 2015

HYCCT1530Team ~Leaf Thanks~

 
Hello Blogger friends and a happy Monday to you all. Hope you all had a relaxing weekend or a productive one if you had work projects to get done.
 
For me it was work projects. I am in the process of organizing the closet in my craft room to bring up my card stock and patterned paper from the basement. That also includes purging what I am not using. I don't want to hold onto stuff that I have been storing for years. So if you are in need of cardstock or patterned paper, let me know. I have lots to give away.
 
I made a lot of progress yesterday but I still have a lot to do. When this is finally finished I will be sooo happy. The next thing I am tackling is my ribbon collection.
 
My friend gave me a new idea for storage and it will take up less space. She gave me a die that looks like a spool of thread. I am going to take my ribbon off the roll it is on and use the die cut to wrap the ribbon around. I was amazed at how organized and less spacing consuming her collection is. And she has a lot more ribbon than I do.
 
So now onto my card for today. This is one I created for color challenge #555 on Splitcoaststampers.  I was the hostess  and my color trio is rich razzzleberry, old olive and soft suede. Option is to create a Thanksgiving or a thank you card.



 I went Thanksgiving on this card. And I also used a color blocking with card stock technique. Something that I haven't tried before and is also the challenge from the Host Team for HYCCT1530TEAM

Here are the rules for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge:
·You must choose a technique from our tutorials section here on Splitcoast
·IT MUST BE A TUTORIAL YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED BEFORE
·You must link to the tutorial you are using in your card description
·You must have fun and learn something new

This is the link to the technique I used. I like how the card turned out. It's a more clean and simple card but one that I can definitely use as a Thanksgiving card. I am behind on those cards. I need quite a few to send out to family and friends.

I cut my cardstock in the color challenge colors in various widths. My leaf image is a stamp and die from Dare 2 B Artsy.
I cut the leaf in Kraft cardstock and stamped in rich razzleberry ink. Die cut a few acorns, added some twine and a button to finish off my card.

That's my card for today. Time to get started with my day. Monday's are always busy for me. I have my DT sample to create for the new color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I also have to get a package in the mail for my daughter-in-law. Her birthday is this week- yikes nothing like waiting until the last minute.

So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: Many Thanks (Dare 2 B Artzy)
Paper: Kraft, rich razzleberry, old olive, soft suede (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: rich razzleberry Accessories: leaf dies (Dare 2 B Artzy), twine (Stampin'-Up)
Techniques: Color Blocking with Card Stock

I am also entering:
1. AAA Cards challenge is thanks/thanksgiving.
2.  Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Craft Your Passion has an anything goes challenge.
 


3 comments:

  1. Great colors for a fall card Mary - love that text leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours and that text leaf is such a great idea. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails