Sunday, November 29, 2015

HYCCT1518 ~my paper masterpiece~

 
 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Sunday to you all. Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and now the mad rush to Christmas begins. I did go out to one store on Black Friday to pick up a gift. It wasn't on sale but I had a coupon and wanted to get it for my daughter-in-law.

Yesterday I went to lunch with my son and daughter-in-law at a restaurant on their side of town. The food was really good as was the company. I then had a chance to stop at our local craft store that happens to be located on their side of town.

Last night I managed to get 11 Christmas cards done. In the process of cleaning out my craft room, I found an old Stampin'-Up Christmas card kit. I almost got rid of it and then decided to put a card together to see what they looked like.

I really liked how they turned out and this mass production will allow me to make the one of a kind single cards that I usually do. The mass produced cards go to people who don't really care about my handmade cards. So I have an A and a B list for Christmas cards (lol)!

So that was my weekend. I hope yours allowed for some great family time as well s crafty time. Now onto my card for today.

This is another I made for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. For this 18th challenge, Emily was our hostess and she had an unusual challenge. She wanted us to pick a famous painting and use it as an inspiration to make a card.

Here is the painting I chose. It's titled Rosa Kosmeen by Heidi Reil. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had the perfect designer paper to create my masterpiece.

I used the "painted blooms" collection from Stampin'-Up. I let the designer paper do the work and I just stamped my sentiment.

My card colors are blackberry bliss and rose red. And, that's my card for today. Time to bring this post to a close. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: painted petals (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: blackberry bliss, rose red, painted blooms dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2 Ink: blackberry bliss, old olive, rose red
Accessories: Matting Basics A & B, circle dies (Stampin'-Up), stamp-a-ma-jig 

I am also entering: 
1.  AAA Cards has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Come and Get It has an anything goes with a sentiment.  
3.  Crafting With Friends has an anything goes.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the no line stamping, looks fantastic! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice colors on this card. And, wow, you cranked out 11 cards in one night. That was great.

    Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, it looks hand painted. Good idea about the A and B list for cards. I used to keep track of who got what card but just haven't had the time the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the design and beautiful colours. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at at Come And Get It challenge .Neva

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really does look like you painted it from scratch - and great painting inspiration - it completely shows! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards - Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails