Monday, November 9, 2015

HYCCT1515 ~happy thoughts~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Monday to you all. Hope your weekend was a great one. It was our anniversary weekend and it was a nice celebration. I wrote about it in this post.
 
Mondays are always a busy day for me. I will be going to the gym shortly. On that front, I am happy to report that since my 22 lb weight loss (almost 2 years ago,) I still go 3x a week to exercise. It helps that I have 3 others that I meet with. We still work out with our trainer every other week.
 
I also have to get our alphabet lesson prepared for pre-school tomorrow. And, I am behind on getting the book from the library to read to the kids. Hopefully they will have what I want.
 
Then there is my sample that still needs made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Don't know why I always wait until Monday to work on my card. We plan the colors out a month in advance. Fortunately, I have an idea of where I want to go with this week's colors.
 
So with all that being said, let's move on to the card I am showing for today. This is another I made for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. For this challenge #15, Barbara was our hostess and she had a bit of an unusual challenge.  She wants us to use the back of our clear stamps to create our card.
 
I held off on this challenge because I didn't have any idea what to do. Then, as I was working on another card I noticed a scalloped flower stamp sitting on my work desk. It is from the happy thoughts set by Stampin'-Up. Light bulb moment!

I thought of using it as the base for the Paper Trey Ink scribble circle dies. I have had these dies and couldn't figure out a way to use them either. So this was a win-win for me (lol)!!!

I took the flower stamp and stamped in coastal cabana, pretty in pink and daffodil delight ink. I then cut the scribble circles in the coordinating papers.

Added a strip of designer paper from the "timeless elegance" collection by Stampin'-Up. Die cut my happy word from an MFT die, stamped my sentiment and added some sequins.
 
That is my card for today. time to close this post and get my day started. So until next time........have fun creating and God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: happy thoughts (Stampin'-Up-Paper Pumpkin 2015) 
Paper: coastal cabana, whisper white, timeless elegance dsp Paper Size: A2 
Ink: coastal cabana, pretty in pink, daffodil delight (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento) Accessories: happy hellos die (MFT), scribble circles die (PaperTrey Ink), sequins,    
I am also entering:
1.  Fussy and Fancy has a flowers challenge.

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card , great design and great floral images and such fab colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool, tough and great ! I love your flowers and colors ! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy ! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails