Sunday, November 8, 2015

HYCCT1510 ~Know you are loved~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Sunday to you all. I mentioned yesterday that it was my 28th wedding anniversary.
 
We went out to do some bike riding and just spend the entire day together, It was such a peaceful day and you know that even on your wedding anniversary little things can pop up that cause friction (lol). Well, I am happy to say it was none of that.
 
We drove a little over an hour away to an area in the Laurel Highlands called Ohiopyle for our bike ride. There is a beautiful wooded path along the Youghiogheny river. We rented mountain bikes from the Kickstand. This area is also where people go for white water rafting. Something that I have never done nor do I want to do. I prefer to take the safer option and bike ride along the river.
 
 
Then on our drive back we found a little café where we stopped to eat. They just opened in April and the food is delicious. The Bittersweet Cafe serves organic, free range chicken and grass fed local beef. It was quite a unique find for us. They grow their own vegetables and herbs in season. There is also an antique shop connected to the café. We talked to the owner for a bit as well. She is 85 years old and sharp as a tack.
 
We returned home had a champagne toast and decided to watch a pay per view movie. It ended up being Jurassic World and we both liked it. So ended our day. A bit different of an anniversary celebration but both of us liked what we did a lot.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is one I made for 2 SCS challenges. CC552 that Peggy is hosting and also the Hope You Can Cling To challenge #10 that Barbara is hosting.

Color Challenge 552: pool party, pistachio pudding and sahara sand. Option is to use our favorite embellishment. At the moment my fave is die-cuts.


HYCCT1510: is to make a card with a tag on it.

Then I saw the Viva La Verve October week 2 sketch, and that is also using a tag. So that’s my card layout for this week.


 My background designer paper and the designer paper  in the circle are from the Stampin’-Up “gold soiree” collection. I layered that onto some gold cardstock. These colors are so subtle that I thought a darker neutral would work. So I chose gold. My card base is sahara sand.

My scalloped circle is a die from Spellbinders and the tag is from the MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 4. The sentiment is from the Marks Finest Papers “you are cherished” set. I stamped in soft suede ink.

To complete my card I die cut a fern in pistachio and added some pistachio hearts and a bit of pool party ribbon. That's my card for today. Time to close this post and start to get ready for church. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: you are cherished (MFP) 
Paper: sahara sand, metallic gold, ww, pool party, pistachio pudding, gold soiree dsp 
Ink: soft suede 
Accessories: : tag builder blueprints 4 (MFT), circle dies (Spellbinders), fern die (Cheery Lynn Designs), heart punch (Martha Stewart), pool party ribbon (SU)
  
I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create is anything goes.
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
3.  The Ribbon Girl has an anything goes challenge.  
4.  Lacy Sunshine has a tic tac toe challenge-I am using lots of layers, sentiment, patterned paper 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love your lay-out. But I don't see a hand colored image on your card. You have to use a hand colored image to enter our challenge.

    Natasja
    DT Lacy Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - and many congratulations to you both on your wedding anniversary and thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl November Card Challenge - good luck - Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails