Saturday, August 22, 2015

~Hello You~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's such a beautiful Saturday here in Pittsburgh. Sunny, warm and no humidity. The air conditioner is off and the windows are open.
 
Tonight we are celebrating my daughter-in-laws birthday. It will be held at their home and she wanted to do something different. They are having an 80's dance party. It will be in the back yard on the patio. It's big and will be able to hold the dancers. There are about 30 people coming. 
 
We will bring our fire pit for those of us who might not be dancing. I am looking forward to a fun evening in her honor.  It will be an evening of appetizers. I decided to make fresh figs with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto. You bake them for about 10 minutes. I have not made this recipe before but I have done figs, goat cheese and honey. Here is a link to the recipe  iwill be using.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another that I created for the DTGD challenges on Splitcoaststampers. There were prizes awarded and this card won. Whoo-hoo- it is a 1 year extension on my fan club membership. It was also featured on the DTGD Board on Pinterest. In fact 7 of the cards I made were featured as hostess faves on that board.
 
For my card I used an element from the March Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin'-Up. It had the "You" word outline and yellow thread to actually stitch the word.
I really like these kits that come in my mailbox every month. I think there is a special right now for new members. Half off your first 2 months.

Stamped my hello word, added an arrow and hand drew some lines on the main panel. A first for me but I think it emphasizes this white panel a bit. This technique (hand drawn lines) was another DTGD challenge.

For my background, I used the Stampin'-Up "Boho Chic" embossing folder. This is a new folder and I really like the look it gives a card.
 
Cut my daisy from the Stampin'-Up daisy die #2 and my card is completed. And, that my friends also wraps up this post. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Sew You (Paper Pumpkin Kit -Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: textured rose red, daffodil delight, old olive, whisper white, Paper Size: A2 
Ink: rose red 
Accessories: MFT arrow die, Boho chic ef, daisy #2 die, flower fair framelits (Stampin'-Up), daffodil delight thread

I am also entering:
1.  Alphabet Challenge "N" is for no designer paper.
2.  Chocolate Coffee & Cards has a use a sentiment challenge.
3.  Crafty Catz has a flowers challenge.
4.  Sister Act Card Challenge has an anything goes.
5. Crafty Gals Corner has an anything goes challenge.  

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors you put together! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. it amazes me what we manage to achieve without any designer paper. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely and simple card and love the colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our Flowers challenge.
    Aunty Sue DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails