Saturday, July 4, 2015

~Home Of The Free~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's July 4th and time for celebrations all over this great land of ours. We are going to a friends house for a backyard barbecue and then off to a fireworks display this evening.
 
I can't believe it's been 4 days since I have posted a card. I was a bit busy this week. We had our pre-school teacher thank you dinner and I was hosting it at my home. I spent Wednesday cleaning and food shopping. Thursday was our dinner so the food preps started early in the day.
 
I served a roasted butternut squash salad with a white wine vinaigrette, orzo with caramelized onions and blue cheese, and chicken breasts with lemon sage butter. Everything turned out great and the teachers asked for the recipes.
 
I have made these dishes before and I think my very favorite was the orzo. It has such a delicious blend of flavors with added honey, balsamic vinegar, mascarpone cheese, spinach golden raisins, nutmeg and toasted pine nuts.  If any of you would like this recipe, just let me know. I can email it to you.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my nephew to thank him for his military service on this 4th of July. He is an Air Force vet and served 4 tours of duty in Iraq.
 
the card colors are from the Color Challenge #536 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura was the hostess and she chose real red, marina mist and night of navy as her color palette. 
real red, marina mist, night of navy
My layout is an older Sweet Sunday Sketch #274.

I used the MFT Blueprints 15 dies to cut my background pieces. My white background layer is stamped with the Great Impressions fireworks stamp in real red. The sentiment on this panel is from SNSS stamps "patriotic cocoa".

The bottom striped panel is designer paper from Recollections. Sentiment on this panel is from the same SNSS set.

 Added some stars cut with an MFT die to complete this card. Well, blogger friends it's time to close this post. Have 2 dozen ears of corn to shuck for the backyard barbecue we are attending. Hope your day is a blessed one no matter what your plans.
 
Until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: patriotic cocoa (SNSS), Fireworks - G303 (Great Impressions Stamps) 
Paper: night of navy, real red, whisper white, marina mist  
Paper Size: A2 Ink: night of navy 
Accessories: MFT Blueprints 15 dies

I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is red, white and blue
2.  My Sheri Crafts has a 4th of July challenge.
3.  Bloggers Challenge is to wave the flag
4.  Brown Sugar is a red, white and blue challenge.
5.  Crafts 4 Eternity has a red, white and blue challenge.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Mary... love the stars and the stripes... Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patriotic card! Love the design and papers! Thank you for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card and a striking design.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails