Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pencil Thanks

 
Hello Blogger Friends!! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I love the Spring season in Pittsburgh. We always have such temperature fluctuations. Sunday it was hot, humid and 88°. Today its overcast and cool with temps at 55°. It was so cool overnight that we used our comforter and had most of the windows closed.
 
Our gardens are blooming like crazy. We have had lettuce for a bout 3 weeks now. I just love going outside and being able to pick fresh to make a salad. We have 2 different varieties of leaf lettuce, spinach and kale.
 
My husband is going to do another planting because we want to have lettuce when my daughter-in-law and granddaughter come to visit in July.
 
The local farms also have the strawberries ready for picking. Last year I did that and made strawberry jam. I haven't decided yet if I am going to do that or not. It's a lot of work but having the jam on my pantry shelf is better than going to the grocery store shelves.
 
I also made a lot of pear butter in the fall and have lots of jars of that left. Which is the reason I am hesitating to make strawberry jam right now. have to decide quick because the strawberry season here is a short one.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #533 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen is our hostess and she chose basic gray, crisp cantaloupe and calypso coral as her color palette. The option is to use bits of green and blue.
 
basic gray, crisp cantaloupe, calypso coral
 
 
Although these colors would be perfect for flowers, I needed a thank you card for one of my Pre-School families, so no flowers for me. I just purchased this new stamp set and dies from PaperTrey Ink. I thought it would make a great school themed thanks card.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "afternoon picnic" collection. I thought it looked like graph paper for a school themed card.

The stamp set has different patterns for the pencils as well as solid colors. I stamped my pencils in the challenge colors and used crisp cantaloupe card stock for the eraser.

Cut my flag from the MFT flag stax die in basic gray. My thanks word is a die from Taylored Expressions cut in calypso coral. I received it as a thank you gift for an order I placed.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: pencil me in (PaperTrey Ink) 
Paper: calypso coral, basic gray, ww, afternoon picnic (Stampin'-Up) Paper Size: A2 
Ink: calypso coral, marina mist, old olive, crisp cantaloupe, memento tuxedo black   
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B, pencil dies (PaperTreyInk), flag stax die (MFT), Thanks die (Taylored Expressions)  

I am also entering:
1.  PaperTake Weekly has an anything goes challenge
2.  Artistic Inspirations has an anything goes with a twist of die cuts
3.  Hiding in my Craft Room has a freestyle challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those pencils! Such a great way to use patterned paper too!
    I have been wanting to get strawberries as well, but they are rather expensive this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Great card! Thanks for joining the challenge @ HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails