Sunday, June 28, 2015

~Feather Birthday~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. And the rain continues........but we had a bit of a reprieve this afternoon and hubby and I decided to make a return and then stop at one of our favorite pizza places.
 
Obviously we weren't the only ones who decided to run out between the raindrops. The store we had to go to is a crowded area on Saturdays and there was lots of traffic on the roads and in the store.
 
But, we were able to make our return and head off to enjoy our pizza. It rained a bit on the way and stopped by the time we reached the restaurant. We came home and hung up some wall decorations I purchased at Kirkland's the other day. Looks good!!
 
Then I had a call from my friend in Virginia and we caught up on what has been happening in our lives since our last conversation. So all in all I had a good Saturday spent with my hubby. We don't always get that time together. Love it when we have it though.
 
Now onto my card for today.  I wanted to used the Stampin'-Up "four feathers' set. Bought it a few months ago but never inked it before. I like the patterns on the feathers. Have to use this set again soon.
 
 
Used the sketch from the Splitcoaststampers SC546. Cathy is our hostess and she provided a great layout for us.

To start my card today, I looked through my designer paper and that determined the direction I went. I found this Stampin'-Up paper from the "confetti celebration" collection.

I thought the papers were perfect for the "four feathers" stamp set and decided to make a birthday card.  Stamped my feathers in crushed curry ink and added a corduroy button to complete that part of the sketch.

To finish off my card, I stamped a birthday sentiment on an angle between the feathers. The sentiment is from the "party this way" set and also added some Bermuda bay sequins. In my excitement over using the four feathers stamp, I realized that I forgot an element of the layout. I had in mind ribbon but, it was not to be on this card.
 
Well that's it for me for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: four feathers, party this way (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: strawberry slush, basic gray, bermuda bay, whiser white, confetti celebration (Stampin'-Up) Paper Size: A2 
Ink: bermuda bay, crushed curry 
Accessories: feather framelits dies, bermuda bay sequins, corduroy button


1 comment:

  1. Mary I really like the feathers with the background dp you used!! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails