Friday, May 29, 2015

Fathers Day

 
reversed the papers on this version
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I mentioned yesterday that I returned from San Francisco with a pretty intense chest cold and congestion.
 
Yesterday, I went to visit the doctor because I was a bit concerned it might be pneumonia. After an exam + x-ray she ruled that out, and the diagnosis is bronchitis.
 
So I was sent home with an antibiotic and an oral inhalation device. I only have to use this if  I need it.  I am so looking forward to not being sick and having this congestion out of my body. Prayers are always welcomed by me.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another sample I made for the color challenge #531 on Splitcoaststampers, which I hosted. I chose the color palette of  hello honey, blackberry bliss, basic gray, sahara sand, lost lagoon. The option was to use spots, dots or stripes.
 
 
I have started my Father’s Day cards, and I thought these colors would make a great masculine card. My layout is from the MFT Blueprints 18 sketches. I like the blueprints dies and MFT provides sketches to make it easier to create a card.


 When I cut the papers I decided to go ahead and make 2 cards. I just switched up the designer paper. All the dies used on this card are from MFT. The  Blueprints 18 dies were used on the designer paper, vertical strips, circles, stars and the flag pennants. The "Dad" word is the little letters dies also from MFT.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin-Up “moonlight” collection. I layered that on a blackberry bliss cardstock base. Sahara Sand is used on the 2 vertical strips and also in the circle.

The sentiment is from the Waltzingmouse set "man of the hour". Well blogger friends that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: man of the hour (Waltzingmouse) 
Paper: hello honey, blackberry bliss, sahara sand, moonlight dsp Paper Size: A2 
Ink: blackberry bliss Accessories: Blueprints 18, little letters (MFT)  
 
I am also entering: 
1.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge is Father's Day/Male.
2.  The Crafters Café has a one for the boys challenge.
3.  Double Click Skittles has a Father's Day challenge.
4.  Mod Squad has a masculine challenge.
5.  Simply Papercraft has an anything goes challenge.
 

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh Mary, I hope you're feeling better real soon. My prayers go out to you. Chest cold are harder to get rid of than head colds. I have the hardest time using the inhaler. Your card is awesome and a perfect Father's Day card. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I will be praying the make a speedy recovery! That bronchitis can really zap you! Your cards are SO cool, I love how you did the diagonal strips with the dots, very striking :) Take care of yourself my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better soon! Love the two fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy cards! Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>If you’ve haven't become a follower yet, please do so as soon as you can. To be a winner, one must be a follower. If you already follow us, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Dad card! Nice color combo! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better very soon and that you stay well!! These cards are very well designed with great accents in those stars and the way the papers are layered just gives the card so much interest!! Super impressive and the colors are fabulous!! So glad you joined us over at DoubleClick Skittles for the Father's Day/Man card challenge!!

    Taunya Butler(daisiesgirl.com) Doubleclick DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Dad card! Thank you for joining the DoubleClick Masculine Challenge!
    Beth, GDT
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails